For the Online 4-kamp we have 2 classes of competition.
- A patrol is at least 3 and at most 8 scouts.
- All members of the patrol must be between 10 and 16 years of age.
- The patrol must not be of new constitution.
Only old existing patrols may participate.
This means that two patrols cannot be mixed or joined.
- No limits on number of participants. (Only 12 persons fits on the registration form currently)
- A patrol must participate as oldboys if at least 1 member is above 16 years of age.
- All patrols must register online on this page to enter the competition.
- At the registration, the patrol must provide a new picture of the patrol. Failure to do so will disqualify the patrol.
The picture will be displayed on this page together with the patrol information.
- At the registration you get a password. Write this down! You will need it to enter a discipline.
In order to complete the 4-kamp the following materials should be available to each patrol.
- A computer with an Internet connection.
- Picture of the patrol taken on the day of the registration or later. Failure to provide a picture will disqualify the patrol!
- An email address for each patrol. This email should work during the 4-kamp.
All competition submissions are to be done through the web page but for other
communication the email would be handy.
- Digital camera. Set the picture resolution as low as possible. This will shorten the time uploading the pictures.
Look here for further hints.
- English dictionaries for all these stupid words you have forgotten.
- The competition starts at 10:00 (11:00 in Finland) on Saturday the 19th of January 2019.
- The competition ends at 18:59 (19:59 in Finland) on Saturday the 19th of January 2019.
- Each discipline has a time limit of 60 minutes.
If you submit answers later you get a time penalty.
You have to keep track of the time yourself.
During the competition the time status can be followed on the results page.
- Both correct answers and time counts. Correct answers count before time usage.
- The time starts when a patrol logs into a discipline page for the first time.
- The time stops when you submit the answers on the page the last time.
- BEWARE: The 4 disciplines are timed individually,
so the time starts for a discipline even if you are just looking at the questions.
- The results with points will be ready on this page
at 23:59 (00:59 Sunday in Finland) Saturday.
At this time the answers will also be available. Also a printable diploma will be available
- Write down the password at the registration!
- You can enter a discipline again or reload the page to see how much time you have spend already.
You can also look at the results page.
- You can answer some of the questions before you submit.
If you want to add an answer or change an answer, you can submit again
but it will add to the time usage. Make sure you are within the time limit if you submit again!
- You can LOCK the discipline when you are done. That prevents you from submitting again accidentally and destroying your time. It will also allow others to see that you are completely done with it.
- You can open multiple windows in the browser.
That way you can have the questions in one window and a "work" or search window.
- The links page might contain useful links.
- If you have any questions you can mail them to Robin Theander